- David Meyer is a California Business transactional, corporate and real estate attorney. Mr. Meyer’s business practice focuses on Corporate, Business and Commercial Law, Real Estate Law and Sports Licensing.
- David Meyer also assists clients in Business Litigation and Family Law matters.
- David Meyer has been practicing law in California since 1987.
- David was born and raised in Oceanside, California, and attended Oceanside High School.
- David was drafted by the San Francisco Giants baseball club.
- David received his B.A. in Economics/Accounting from Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, CA.
- David received his J.D. from Santa Clara University Law School in 1987.
- David practiced law for 8 years with Crosby, Heafey, Roach & May (now Reed Smith) in Oakland, CA.
- David was General Counsel with The Upper Deck Company from 1997-2000.
- David was Chief Operating Officer with The Anthony Robbins Companies from 2006-2008.
- 29 Years Transactional Experience
- 8 Years Real Estate / Business Experience with one of the largest law firms in California
- Significant experience in major transactions
- Excellent negotiator and communicator
Santa Clara University Law School, J.D.
Claremont McKenna College, B.A. Economics / Accounting
- Represent a medical device company with its day to day legal matters. Responsible for an IPO for the company on the Toronto Venture Stock Exchange. The company has received 5 FDA clearances and a CE Mark in Europe for its medical device.
- Represent an urban winery in the following areas: leasing and licensing of rights for its products.
- Represent a digital media company in its operations.
- Successfully defended a fraud and real estate lawsuit and subsequent Request for Reconsideration in San Diego Family Court. My client was awarded attorneys fees and sanction in the case.
- Represented the purchaser of a San Diego based limousine company.
- Represented a Clean & Renewable Energy Company using biomass gasification technology converting waste to electricity.
- Represented an Internet Television Network Start Up venture.
- Represent medium size companies in the following areas: commercial business transactions, entity formation and governance, licensing and employment matters.
- Represent film producers with worldwide distribution agreements
- Represented Pulte Home Corporation, one of the largest homebuilder / developers in the U.S. with their Northern California land acquisition.
- Represented Gymboree, Ross Stores, Rubio’s and Chevy’s, in national commercial and retail leasing.
- Represented the purchaser of a high rise building in downtown Los Angeles.
- Represented tenants and landlords, including Boston Properties (Embarcadero Center, San Francisco), Sycal Properties (major shopping center owner) and others in real estate leasing matters, including support of litigation attorneys in real estate matters.
- Represented internet companies in corporate governance, financing and operations and negotiated several content licensing and co-branding agreements with large internet companies such as eBay and Yahoo.
- Represented one of the largest charter airline operators in San Diego County in all facets of operations.
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a successful manufacturing company and its corporate relocation.
- Represented a start up high tech company in its initial corporate agreements regarding employees, confidentiality, leasing, and other day to day operations.
- Represented several companies in their entity formation or conversion from one type of entity to another.
- Represented a start up company in its organization and in obtaining license agreements with a Major Sports League. Negotiated the license agreement with the governing body and its key athletes for product and other commercial rights.
- Represented the Seller of real property in a transaction described in the San Francisco Business Times as the largest real estate transaction of 1993.
- Represented the Seller of a real estate portfolio consisting of 19 properties with an estimated aggregate value of $170M.
- Represented the Alameda Newspaper Group in its Build to Suit Lease (as tenant) for its corporate headquarters in Pleasanton, CA.
- Represented institutional lender in the foreclosure and takeback, through loan workout of over $40M in hotel properties.
- Negotiated and concluded significant licensing transactions with agents for athletes including, Mark McGwire, Ken Griffey, Jr., Henry Aaron, Ted Williams, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Jerry Rice, Dale Earnhardt, Jeff Gordon leagues including NASCAR, MLB Properties, MLBPA, NFL Players, Inc., NFL Properties, NBA and NHL and the Estates of Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth and Joe DiMaggio.
- Represented Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in negotiations with the Oakland A’s, the Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, Bill Graham presents and other users of the facility.
- Negotiated with the Raiders for their return to Oakland.
- Represented clients in the acquisition and licensing of rights in written works, photographs, video and audio cassettes and compact disks.
2001-Present David Meyer Law, San Diego, CA
2006-2008 The Anthony Robbins Companies, Chief Operating Officer
2004-2006 Kisner Law Firm, Newark, CA, Of Counsel
2002-2004 Bartko, Zankel, Tarrant & Miller, San Francisco, CA, Of Counsel
1997-2000 The Upper Deck Company, Carlsbad, CA, Director of Legal and Athlete Alliances
1995-1997 Cobra Golf, Inc., Carlsbad, CA, Director of Materials
1987-1995 Crosby, Heafey, Roach & May, Oakland, CA, Attorney
Member of California State Bar
Real Property and Business Law Sections